This is a video showing you how to make Che Thai. No cooking is involved 🙂 It’s really simple. You just need a variety of canned fruits but if you have access to fresh fruits, it’s even better!
Vietnamese call it Che Thai (Thai Dessert) but we sort of changed it to our likings. There are different versions of it, depending on people’s preference. Some people add in fake pomegranate seeds (made from corn starch). Some people use half&half milk while others use regular milk (or both).
We did video on it in Vietnamese and there were some requests for an English version. Hope you enjoy it~
– 1 can of lychee
– 1 can of longan
– 1 can of toddy palm seeds
– 1 can of green grass jelly
– 1 jar of coconut gel
– 1/4 – 1/2 galon of milk (depends on how much you want)
– sugar or lychee syrup (from the can of lychee)
– green grass jelly syrup from the can of grass jelly (optional for coloring)
[In our previous version, we used half&half milk but we chose not to in this video because we somehow like it better without]