Thai Style Coconut Cream Soup,coconut milk with fragrant lemongrass and pungent onions to create a tantalising outcome, while veggies like broccoli and baby corn add volume and crunch to it.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Thai-Style-Coconut-Cream-Soup-430r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Thai Style Coconut Cream Soup
Thai style coconut soup is a very unique oriental soup, which will be loved by your family and friends. This soothing and aromatic soup combines coconut milk with fragrant lemongrass and pungent onions to create a tantalising outcome, while veggies like broccoli and baby corn add volume and crunch to it. Serve it at a party; and it will raise your guests’ expectations of the meal very high
Preparation Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 5 minutes. Serves 3.
¼ cup chopped lemongrass (hare chai ki patti)
2 cups coconut milk (nariyal ka doodh)
1 tsp oil
¼ cup finely chopped onions
½ cup blanched baby corn roundels
½ cup blanched broccoli florets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
1. Combine the lemongrass and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
2. Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the baby corn and broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
5. Add the coconut milk, 1 cup of water, lemon grass mixture and salt and bring to boil.
6. Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
7. Switch off the flame, add the pepper powder and mix well.